Why, As Co-Founders, You’ll Want to Come Into Alignment Before and Beyond Your Agreement
In response to my article week entitled, “Forming Co-Founder Agreements is a Sacred Act of Initiation” my friend and co-evolutionary, Sheri Herndon shared a paper entitled:
“𝑨𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒏𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑩𝒆𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝑨𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕” 𝒃𝒚 𝒀𝒂𝒔𝒖𝒉𝒊𝒌𝒐 𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒌𝒖 𝑲𝒊𝒎𝒖𝒓𝒂 © 2003
In reviewing that paper I discovered some GOLDEN NUGGETS in there that stood out to me as highly relevant and valuable to share here, in the context of forming co-founder agreements.
For one, because as I’ve already shared in previous posts, entering into an agreement is not something to be taken lightly.
It crystallizes the energetics that exist in the group field at the time of signing, within the context of the vision that’s collectively held.
That, in turn, lays the path for the individual and group initiation, development and alchemy journey that you’ll be walking together in bringing your shared vision to fruition.
As such, to minimize the kind of emotional and relational alchemy that so often breaks co-founder relationships apart, you’ll want to:
(a) be as clear about your shared vision; and
(b) as aligned with your chosen team,
as possible, at the time you sign your co-founder agreement.
And Yasuhiko’s paper, gratefully, helps us to illuminate why.
The following are slightly paraphrased from the paper, but they capture the essence of the message (please refer to the paper for more information):
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 (𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞-𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧), 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐀 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐀 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲
1. “To intend” means “to stretch toward”;
2. Intention is creative and future-directed — it uses symbolic thought to create a future as an idea or vision;
3. Through the act of intending, we stretch our thought and imagination toward a future and, through action, bring it forth into reality;
4. Intelligence follows intention;
5. Research has shown that sentient organisms from plants and bacteria to human cells respond to human thought and intention;
6. Research has also shown that non-sentient matter responds to human thought and intention;
[NOTE: More recent research has also shown that matter responds 5000 times more powerfully to the emanation of electromagnetic energy from our Hearts than to our minds]
7. This means that we hold the power to impact the destiny of the world, as well as our own individual destiny and proclaiming this power and taking individual responsibility for it may indeed be the most powerful stand that we can take in life.
𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐀𝐢𝐦
8. The creation of successful alignment among a group requires a final cause, aim or vision, that transcends but includes individual intentions and concerns of the ego-logical self (an ego-logical orientation is intrinsically antithetical and non-conducive to successful alignment);
9. Alignment as congruence of intention is congruence of resolution for the attainment of that particular aim;
10. Inherent alignment, therefore, is the spirit of quest;
11. Alignment engenders synergy;
12. When individuals are aligned in their quest, their collective intelligence often produces results that are beyond the intelligence of any single individual;
13. Aligned intention creates a synergetic field of spiritual coherence that works as a conduit for enhanced intelligence and empowered action beyond the usual limitation of the individual.
𝐀𝐧 𝐀𝐢𝐦 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐧𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐲𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐜, 𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬
14. An aim being in and of the future, unknown or unpredicted variables inevitably enter the generative equations for its achievement;
15. When the group jointly chooses a course of action, they know that the choice is a tentative mutual agreement, to be modified, altered, or even discarded along the way;
16. Alignment is therefore not a static state, it is a dynamic process of constant aligning and realigning in the continual movement of time through the timeless commitment to an intention;
17. The spirit of quest generates open and evolving dialogue-in-action;
18. Participants of a quest bring in diverse points of view while remaining united in the same quest;
19. In an alignment-based organization or movement, disagreement among participants does not diminish but rather enhances the power of the alignment and its synergetic impact. Plurality and diversity of ideas and views, united in a shared intention, mutually enrich one another toward the achievement of an end;
𝐀𝐬 𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐬 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
The purpose of the agreement is therefore to serve the crystallization of the existing alignment.
Since agreements are, at least at this stage in our evolution, still a valuable tool for us in terms of:
(A) Stabilizing the bonds between the group;
(B) Laying down the roots of the organism so that hydration can flow through;
(C) Getting clear on things like:
- Fixed and variable compensation;
- Resource Allocation; and
- Conflict resolution;
(D) Anchoring the group into the environment of current 3-D reality,
it’s therefore important to be prepared to commit to the process of coming into alignment FIRST.
So, if you’re working towards a big vision that it takes a team to bring to fruition and you’d like to have a conversation about how I can support you in coming into alignment in preparation for your agreement initiation, contact me for an exploratory connection call.