Are You Creating Something Truly Novel That Requires Nature’s Emergent Intelligence to Show You The Way?
I notice that many of the people I’m speaking to who are currently exploring and innovating in the realms of regenerative communities and technology solutions, progressive and syndicated funds, transformational media, consciousness and biohacking, and the like who:
◦ Know the Truth in their heart that we’re consciously evolving;
◦ Are bold enough to step up and live and lead in surrender in this emergent age;
◦ Who’ve been treading the path of their awakening journey;
◦ Who are devoted to moving through Life persistently open-hearted, sovereign and free;
◦ Who are ready to embrace the gift of Teamwork in a business, non-profit or community;
◦ As we come together in service to co-creating the more beautiful world,
are people in their 30s, 40s and 50s who have already lived a whole chapter of their lives in the existing paradigm as professionals, business people, hospitality workers, or therapists.
They are people who have, at one time in their lives, been immersed within the existing systems and infrastructure, and experienced:
(1) Either being dependent on an institutional authority or an employer for resources, OR experiencing other people being dependent on them for resources — with all the incumbent over/under power dynamics that accompany that;
(2) Feeling limited in their ability to access and express their creative potential;
(3) Feeling cut off from their humanity and their emotions, and disconnected from themselves, their families, their intimate partners, friends and/or their colleagues;
(4) Feeling limited in their freedom, even if they were receiving significant income or resources, due to either needing to ask permission to take vacations or time-off, OR due to feeling unsupported or unable to truly relax if they took a break; and/or
(5) Seeing the consequences and ramifications of an industrialized, profit and stakeholder value-first, efficiency, productivity, results-driven mindset on peoples’ engagement and on our planet.
Is this you?
Can you relate?
Many of us, through these direct experiences and through the pain and heartbreak that accompanied them, began to dream of a More Beautiful World That Our Hearts Knew Was Possible.
Some of us started to receive visions, started to come alive in open-hearted conversations with others who shared a similar perspective, or found ourselves channeling written business plans or inventions.
The experience may have felt like becoming the recipient of a Divine seed of inspiration for how we could live in greater harmony with each other, with our planetary Mother and Home and in greater alignment with the Divine.
A seed that we could feel, that we just KNEW was our responsibility to bring to fruition, that we simply couldn’t ignore.
The kind that the Gospel of Thomas speaks to when it says,
“𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶.”
The thing is, these seeds of inspiration often invite the kind of innovative approaches that serve as a total departure from the current ways of operating and thinking. Because if we simply did things the way that they have always been done, as they saying goes, we would inevitably get the results that we have always gotten.
And yet, as was outlined in the article I mentioned in a prior post, “𝑨𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒏𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑩𝒆𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝑨𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕” 𝒃𝒚 𝒀𝒂𝒔𝒖𝒉𝒊𝒌𝒐 𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒌𝒖 𝑲𝒊𝒎𝒖𝒓𝒂:
“𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑚𝑠, 𝑤𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑤𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 — 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑙𝑒𝑑𝑔𝑒. 𝐻𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑙𝑒𝑑𝑔𝑒 𝑤𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑒 𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑡𝑢𝑡𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑤𝑒 𝑖𝑛ℎ𝑎𝑏𝑖𝑡, 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑑𝑢𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑚𝑠 𝑤𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑤𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑢𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒.”
Which means, even if we have the very best intentions to do things differently, and we do everything we can to THINK up new approaches, as Einstein said,
“𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘦𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥.”
So what does it take to really do something differently?
To invite a Higher Intelligence, that sees more and knows more than us, into the equation to show us the way?
Again we can take a leaf out of Einstein’s book here.
Einstein resolved a set of problems vexing the world of physics by proposing a New Vision of the universe wherein the laws of physics were invariant, the speed of light was constant, space-time was relative, and the ether as theretofore supposed was not required.
We must therefore envision a new world, even a new universe, free of the problems at issue (NOTE: I’ll be diving into this more fully in a subsequent article).
The intention to create that new world engenders alignment; we are required to be and to act in accordance with the principles and designs of the envisioned world, not of the current world.
As Gandhi said so eloquently:
“𝑩𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆.”
All good, BUT………it’s not quite that easy.
Because even when we devote our attention to envisioning a new world, you may have noticed that outside of our conscious awareness, we still risk unwittingly finding ourselves triggered, contracted or closing our hearts due to unprocessed personal, familial or ancestral trauma, playing out a series of unanticipated archetypes or sliding back into a set of well-worn collective beliefs, dynamics and behavioral grooves that seem to neither support nor serve our highest intentions.
And I emphasise the word SEEM for a reason.
Because if we have a clear vision of the more beautiful world, and we’re devoted in our service to it, then if that stuff is coming up, then it’s coming up for a reason.
A reason that we may not be able to see from inside of that state ourselves, but a reason none-the-less.
And so on our part it takes a willingness to surrender our notions that we know, well anything really, let go, embrace the highs and the lows and let Life and Nature’s “Eᴍᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴄᴇ” (or Emergence) lead the way.
So, what does it take to create the kind of culture within your endeavour that preserves the conditions for that Eᴍᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴄᴇ to arise and present on a regular basis?
What kind of CULTURAL SOIL will best serve to nourish and grow your DIVINE SEED into a thriving FRUIT TREE ?
In all honesty, the answer to that question will likely vary from seed to seed, depending on what kind of seed it is and what kind of environment that particular seed is most likely to thrive in.
That said, there are some things that I’ve come to notice and appreciate on our own journey that could potentially serve to illuminate some of the more general considerations around tending and maintaining a healthy culture for you and your team to bear in mind as you’re growing your organism.
These are the value of:
(1) Tɪᴍᴇʟᴇssɴᴇss — because as we envision a more beautiful world, an Infinite Game, or a GameB experience (whatever terminology floats your boat) that’s free of the problems at issue, it can be helpful to envision one where there’s no rush, urgency (which contracts our body systems) isn’t a thing and where everything is happening in perfect time;
(2) Uɴᴄᴏɴᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴘᴏsɪᴛɪᴠᴇ ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅ — recognizing that the journey that you and your teammates are going through together IS THE PATH you’ll be walking on your individual and group development journey to bringing your shared vision to fruition, and that Life has got it covered if we can simply stay in the game, an ability to forgive, empathise, see the other person as an extension of yourself, take responsibility for what you’re experiencing, let it go and open your heart back up to the other person is about as valuable a cultural template as you can create for yourself;
(3) Fʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ ꜰᴏʀ ꜰᴜʟʟ ᴇxᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ — both emotionally and creatively. Because all that stuff that SEEMS to be coming up to sabotage you, is actually coming up to be cleared so you can fully embody the new energetic signature of that which you’re creating. As such it needs the space to be able to move THROUGH, so creating the kind of culture that doesn’t clamp down on that but welcomes it as a natural part of the process, will preserve the conditions for emergence to both clear the path and inspire novel creativity.
(4) Aɴ Oʀɪᴇɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏᴡᴀʀᴅ Sᴜʀʀᴇɴᴅᴇʀᴇᴅ Lᴇᴀᴅᴇʀsʜɪᴘ — Knowing that our efforts to control things are often knee-jerk responses to not feeling safe, based on past trauma. While control does have its place in an integrated new paradigm business, because it’s a habitual pattern, initially it’s valuable to be willing to let go of it and let Life lead.
(5) 💰❌ Nᴏɴ-Tʀᴀɴsᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ — with respect to the relationships and the creativity, at least between you and your partners. If you’re invested in this quest together, you simply can’t put a price on your relationship or your creative inspiration. The moment you do, you risk squeezing it into an arbitrary box and limiting its potential.
There’s a lot more to share on this subject in due course, but for now, I’ll leave this to percolate within you.
In the meantime, if you’re working towards a big vision that it takes a team to bring to fruition and you’d like to have a conversation about how I can support you in your agreement initiation journey, DM me for an exploratory connection call.